Monday, November 26, 2012

A Little About School

(Oops - apparently forgot to post this when I wrote it.  This is from last Tuesday - November 20!)

Most everyone who knows us recalls our daycare struggles in the past. Most specifically, the previous in-home daycare that we attended before going to our current center.  I cannot express how happy I am that we are at this center.  I realize it may not always be perfect and that there will always be things that I would do different - but I feel that the girls are safe, stimulated and truly loved at our daycare.  Plus, we've made some great connections for babysitters, friends for the girls and our family while there.  And it's about 10,000 times more clean than the in-home place was.

One of the things the Pre-K classes are doing is called ' SuperBug of the Month'.  In Taylor's class, each kid gets a 'star' for doing something that is kind, polite, a good choice, etc.  The kid at the end of the month with the most stars is the 'SuperBug of the Month'.  So - guess who won October and is November's SuperBug?!  



Also - today was the annual Thanksgiving lunch at school.  I tried calling it Turkey for Tots but no one else seemed to like it. Harumph.  Since I'm on parent committee, I volunteered to help out at this event as well.  Even though I had to pick meat off of two turkey's with gloved hands, it was still better than my day job.  And then I got to eat with my girls and their friends.  

Connor's classroom teacher is excellent.  She always has the kids create pilgrim or Indian hats....Taylor did the same when she was in her class two years ago.  This year, there were a whole lotta Indian's!  It was a successful lunch, with a huge mess afterwards.  Maybe I'm glad that this is not my day job ;)

No comments: